Acne scars are the aftermath of pimples and acne infections which are caused by skin inflammation. These scars and pimples can become a real nuisance and a dent to your personal confidence. However, you don’t have to live under the shadow of having embarrassing pimples, taking some precautions can prevent future appearance, or if you already are a sufferer of acne scars, there is a way to get rid of them. Since so many people suffer from acne scars, which normally appear as dark spots on the face, we are going to look at ways in which you can prevent or get rid of them.
Using Medical Treatment
- Skin lightening creams-there are numerous over the counter skin lightening creams which you can use to reduce the visibility of acne scars. These creams contain ingredients which are responsible for getting rid of hyperpigmentation and dark marks left after acne healing. Some of these creams include Revitol, Mederma, Dermefface and Elure Advanced Lightening Cream
- Cortisone creams-Cortisone creams are ideal in reducing skin inflammation which results in pimples and acne. By applying cortisone creams, you will reduce the chances of developing more pimple. They also promote faster healing of scars which ensures that you experience results as soon as you begin to use.
- Retinoid skin products- Retinoid skin products help to reduce acne marks and scars by promoting skin cell regeneration which replaces the damaged skin cells. They contain vitamin A derivatives and collagen which are known to work effectively in reducing numerous skin infections, wrinkles, fine lines and scars.
- Using laser- laser treatment can be quite expensive and you should only use it as the last resort. Laser therapy helps get rid of acne scars by stimulating collagen production or stimulating the growth of new skin cells in place of the scarred region. It is highly effective and recommended if you want quick results.
- Filler injections- acne scars normally leave sizable indentations on the surface of your skin. These indentations become permanent scars which can be embarrassing and visible. To get rid of them, filler injections will do by making your skin look even and uniform.
- Chemical peeling- chemical peeling is a method which gets rid of scars and marks by removing the top layer of your skin and allowing fresh new skin cells to grow. The chemical applied is a concentrated acid which eats away the scarred region and the top layer of the skin. It is effective and recommended especially if the creams and gels are not working for you.
Using Home Remedies
Home remedies are inexpensive and offer a quick solution to acne scars. They however may need more time in order to see tangible results. Some popular home remedies include aloevera, honey, baking soda, lemon juice and ice cubes.
- Baking soda is useful in exfoliating your skin, which ensures the depth and size of the scar is reduced.
- Lemon juice has a bleaching property which lightens up the skin and removes dark marks.
- Honey acts as a natural antibacterial product which is effective in treating acne and red pimples
- Ice cubes serve to reduce the inflammation and redness of the skin
- Aloevera acts as a natural moisturizer which can be used in the treatment of scars, burns and wounds.